Dental Examination and Cleaning
Dental Examination and cleaning have many benefits and are among the best forms of preventive dentistry as they consistently keep the mouth clean, free from infections and any serious health challenge. This article will address dental Examination and cleaning and how it ensures great oral health.
During dental Examination, a dentist would have to carry out a general check on your mouth to check if any dental procedure has been done previously and also determine how effective and healthy it currently is or if it requires replacement. Here are some of the things and processes to be followed for a proper examination and cleaning.
An X-ray would be used to determine your oral health. This would help detect cavities, tooth decay, cysts, tumors, and bone loss. After this, the dentist will examine the face, neck, lips, gum tissues, tongue, and throat to search for any signs of oral cancer.
The dentist would also check the bones surrounding the teeth and the gum tissue to check for signs of periodontal disease. He or she would have to use a unique dental tool to examine the surface of the teeth to check for tooth decay.
Benefits of Dental Examination.
- Dental Examination helps to reduce or eradicate dental emergencies as it mostly detects conditions from their formative stage.
- Dental examinations could save a life in cases of oral cancer, as they will be detected early and managed to prevent them from growing.
- Dental Examination helps dentists find cavities, tooth decay, periodontal disease, tumor, and any other dental issue affecting the patients.
- With regular dental examinations, you won’t have to spend a lot of time in the dentist’s office anymore.
- Several other health issues are linked to dental care, and as such dental examinations would help the dentist discover any abnormalities.
Dental cleaning majorly consists of the non-surgical procedures below.
plaques grow in the teeth as a result of the bacteria present in them. Most times, it’s almost invisible and, as such, requires professional cleaning. If not cleaned, it can begin to affect the gums and result in periodontal disease.
Tartar is a hardened version of plaque that sticks to the teeth. It is found below and above the gum line and can only be removed with a dental instrument by a dentist or dental hygienist.
With tooth polishing, the dentist uses a dental instrument to remove the stains left behind by plaques which simple brushing and flossing wouldn’t remove ordinary.
Benefits of Dental Cleaning.
- Dental cleaning would help eradicate any bacteria build up like tarter and plaques, despite constant brushing and flossing.
- It can help to reduce the risk of more severe health conditions like heart disease, Cancer, Stroke, and diabetes. Research has shown that these ailments are linked to poor oral health and can be reduced with proper mouth care.
- Dental cleaning also helps to reduce or prevent tooth decay, gum disease, cavities, and tooth loss.
- It helps manage, reduce, and ultimately eradicate mouth odor.
- A dental cleaning can breathe and a confident smile. help patients keep a clean mouth free from bacteria in addition to fresh
Dental cleaning could also include fluoride treatment which helps fight various tooth issues.
Foods to Avoid After Dental Cleaning.
- Foods that are chewy, hard and sticky should be avoided, as they can easily get stuck between the teeth. Some of these foods are donuts, chocolate, popcorn, chips, and dried fruits.
- Food with acidic content or too spicy should be avoided,e.g., wines, juice, tomatoes, and citrus.
- Over-sized food that requires too much stretching of the mouth should also be avoided and instead sliced into smaller sizes for easy chewing.
To get a thorough dental examination and cleaning, then you can book an appointment with your dentist. However, suppose you do not have a personal dentist and want a reputable dentist to offer professional Examination and cleaning. In that case, you can visit any dentist in Kennewick, WA, or dentist 99336 to get it done.